1 min read

Not Giving Up...

Not Giving Up...

In my last post, I declared that I was ending my Intentional Music (algorithmic composition) experiment. Well, it turns out that I missed the process. One of the main reasons why I stopped working on it was because I sold my mac computer, so I no longer had access to Swift as a programming language. However, I am a .NET developer, so using C# to write a new Intentional Music program was a no-brainer.

I started the program on my PC over the weekend and got it caught up to my Swift version. There are a few differences, and I am still tweaking the code to match my intent, but I think the outcome looks promising.

So, my mind changes often and this is no exception. I am digging back into my Intentional Music programming experiment, but this time I'm doing it on my PC in .NET 5 using the C# programming language.

I plan to spend a lot more time developing the music after it has been processed by my algorithm, so it is a combination of algorithmic and traditional music composition.

I've been working on a new piece that was created using C#. It only has about a 3 minute runtime, but I plan to make the future pieces run longer. I think between 5 and 12 minutes is ideal.