I just installed a web application on a new server and I received the following error:
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
The lines it showed on the web.config were -1: and 0: with no config file information like it would normally display for malformed XML within the configuration file.
Well, after searching the web, I was unable to find a solution. Then I remembered that I was using URL rewriting. I installed the URL rewriting module for IIS 7 and restarted the site. It worked like it should.
Edit: I’m not using URL rewriting, but I do have the 404 Error redirection turned on. Maybe it uses URL rewriting behind the scenes.
Subscribe to cerkit
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox